Project management for researchers
7 and 14 April
|Langue||Workshop language is English|
Dr. Sina Henrichs
The workshop will include 2 days. This workshop gives an overview on available PM software tools, only (you will not learn PM software in detail).
Define and prepare
• Understand what is a project, and what is not
• Learn what is project management in academia vs. industry
• Get an introduction into the project life-cycle
• Make a work breakdown structure (WBS)
• Define dependencies and relations (network diagrams)
• Schedule and estimate project plan durations
• Do cost estimations
Introduction to Agile Project Management
• Consider agile and iterative approaches
• SCRUM for researchers
• Consider changes, project crashing and common mistakes
• Develop a risk management plan
Execution of projects
• Make an Earned Value Analysis
• Monitoring of progress (cost baseline)
• Project communication
Given current circumstances, this workshop will be provided online. It will begin on 7th April and the second day will be on 14th April. Breaks will be scheduled between the online sessions, combined with group- and homework. More detailed information about the workshop including instructions for the video conference platform will be provided a few days before the training.
Schedule: 9:15 - 16:30 (approx)
This workshop is intended primarily for UNIL/CHUV postdocs.
Given the current circumstances, the workshop has been exceptionally opened to doctoral candidates.
Doctoral candidates will find a similar offer through the CUSO Transversal Programme. If you request registration for this workshop you will be placed on a waiting list. If a place is available in the weeks prior to the first meeting, we will contact you to confirm your participation .